Such an easy, healthy, and yummy side dish or a main course. This was a recipe I got off of allrecipes.com. Recipe courtesy of France C. Thank you, France C. for this healthy side dish!
- 2 zucchini
- 1/4 English cucumber, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes or more, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbs EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cut zucchini into ‘zoodles’ (spaghetti noodles made from the zucchinis). Place in bowl with sliced cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and feta cheese.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper in small bowl and pour over zoodles and veggies.
- Toss together and enjoy with your favourite protein or just by itself.
*Of course you can add whatever else to the salad to make it extra yummy. I added a little bit of honey to the dressing to give it a bit of a sweet taste to offset the citrusy lemon. It was the perfect little addition! Bon appétit!